Communication is a very important aspect of valorant and it can be the difference between winning and losing during intense games. Not being able to hear or speak to your teammates can be devastating and it can reduce your chances of winning games.
In this article, therefore, we will be considering what could be responsible for your valorant voice chat not working. We will also look at a few ways you can use to troubleshoot your audio settings when these issues arise.
Why Is My Valorant Voice Chat Not working?
The voice chat in valorant not working can be a result of an error that has occurred due to some setting changes in the game or your Windows OS. If you have any faulty hardware, it could also affect your Valorant voice chat.
However, this problem is not without a solution. There are some ways that you can fix this issue and get talking to your team again. So, if you are set, let’s run through the fixes.
Troubleshooting Valorant Voice Chat Not Working
You might not have to try out all the solutions. You can just work your way through the list and see which one of the fixes addresses your problem. Once you find the one that does, then, there is no need to get to the end.
Let’s get started.
Fix 1: Check your input and output device
There is every likelihood that you might have had it wrong with your input and output device. You must therefore check and be sure you are working with the right one. To check, you can follow the steps below:
- Navigate your taskbar and locate your sound icon and right-click on it.
- Select the option tagged open sound settings in the drop-down menu that appears.
- For the output section of the sound settings, you have to ensure you are working with headsets or headphones. For the input section, set it to the microphone you want to use.
- Have you done that yet? Great. You can now check if the Valorant voice chat is up and running.
If the issue was with your input or output audio device, it should have been rectified by now. If not, there are a lot of other fixes that you can try out. So, stick around as we do some more digging.
Fix 2: Allow valorant access to your microphone
Sometimes, you might not have enabled your game access to your microphone. This could be because you have not selected the option to allow desktop apps to access your microphone. If that is correct, then, you can follow the simple steps below to do that:
- Locate the Windows logo key on your keyboard. Have you found it? Great, click on it. The startup menu should appear now, right? Just what we thought.
- You should notice a gear icon on the left pane, right? Great, select it to access the settings tab of your computer.
- Once you are in, locate and select the option tagged privacy.
- A drop-down menu should appear on the left pane. Look for the option tagged microphone.
- Now, look towards the right side of your screen. You should see an allow desktop apps access to your microphone option. Click on the ON button.
- Once you’ve done this, you should try running Valorant as an administrator.
Your voice chat should be up and running. Check to see if that is true. If it is not working yet, do not worry. Let’s try out another fix.
Fix 3: Update your audio driver
When your voice chat in valorant is not working, a usual suspect can be your audio driver. If you’ve not updated it for a long while, then, the issue is not far-fetched. When your driver is outdated, it will affect the performance of your audio gaming activities.
This would mean that you need to update your drivers. You can decide to update the drivers manually or through an automatic means. For the manual bit, you can go to your computer’s manufacturer’s website. Or better still, your sound card website to check for the latest version of your audio driver.
If you have a branded computer, we would recommend you strictly deal with your manufacturer. Most times, they customize the driver. Getting the driver somewhere else can be detrimental. Before going through this process though, you must be well aware of your computer’s model. You also must know the operating system you are working with.
This manual update requires time, patience, and a bit of technical know-how. So, if you are deficient in this area, we will recommend that you do an automatic update. For the automatic update, you can just search for highly recommended software. This software will help scan your computer and see if your drivers are up-to-date.
The software will also point you to updating the outdated drivers. So, you don’t need to know anything about computers with this software. This is why it is highly recommended.
Fix 4: Tweak your game’s audio settings
If you have not set your game’s audio settings properly, you might have issues using the voice chat. You must therefore ensure that you have this set up appropriately. To set the game’s audio settings, follow the steps below:
- Go ahead and launch your game.
- Look towards the top left corner of the interface that appears. Did you notice any gear icons? Great, click on it.
- Select the option tagged settings in the drop-down menu that displays next.
- Select the audio option and navigate to the voice settings option.
- Set your output and input device as the default system device. If you did not notice any changes, the next step will be to select the audio device you want to use.
- Then, make sure you set your incoming value and mic volume to at least half.
- Ensure that the options tagged party voice chat and team voice chat are turned on.
Once you are done making these changes, you can check to see if the voice chat is up and running. If it is not, then, try the fix below.
Fix 5: Run valorant as administrator
- Navigate your search icon in the taskbar of your computer.
- Search valorant and right-click on the valorant file that appears.
- A drop-down menu should appear right where you have clicked. Select the option tagged open file location.
- Once you are in, right-click on the valorant shortcut that appears.
- Another drop-down menu should appear. Locate and select the option tagged properties.
- Select the tab tagged compatibility.
- In the compatibility section, look towards the end and check the box with the option tagged run this program as an administrator.
- Once you’ve done that, you can click on apply and OK to finish up the process.
Fix 6: Perform a clean boot
Windows applications exist in the OS with other third-party applications and as such, share the computer’s resources. If an essential resource of valorant gets blocked because of other applications, then, the voice chat in the game could be affected.
To rule out this issue, you can simply clean boot this system.
Your voice chats not running in the valorant are down to some settings change in the game or your OS. It could also be because of a hardware issue. Whichever way, there are solutions to work around this issue.
We have highlighted some solutions to help you pull through this issue. So, look through our guide and go get your voice chat running.