Sometimes, riot client download speed could hit a setback and be stuck at 0.1KB/s. This means that you could have hit an unexpected bug from the riot launcher in the download process of the client. It happens occasionally and it is not something peculiar.
In this article, therefore, we will be reviewing some of the reasons why the riot client is not downloading. We will also be exploring some methods that you can use to troubleshoot this issue.
Let’s get right into it.
Why Is The Riot Client Not Downloading?
There are different reasons why your riot client could be having download issues. Generally, most of these issues are something that can be solved on your own. So, whatever the issue is, there is no need to panic just yet.
- For one, it could be down to your internet connection. An unstable internet connection generally affects the download process of riot clients. So, before proceeding with any download process at all, you have to be certain that your internet speed is optimal.
- Another reason why your riot client might not be downloading could be a wrong DNS setting. If you have an incorrect DNS setting or network profile, it could cause setbacks for the download process. Your DNS configuration allows you to send queries to the server so you can send requests and receive responses. So, if there is some error, this process is hindered.
- Your firewall could also be responsible for the download setback. Sometimes, your firewall could block some part of the client in the download process. To sort this out, you might have to disable your firewall for a while or you could simply allow the client to go through the firewall.
- Minimizing riot clients while downloading can also cause a setback. This is because when you minimize the window, it changes the priority of the window to a lower one and this can hinder the download process. So, you’d have to bear with having the window opened till the download process is done. IPv6 conflict could also be responsible because the riot client does not support it.
Guide on Troubleshooting Riot Client Not Downloading
Just as we said earlier, solving these issues are things that you can get on with on your own. If you are experiencing download issues with your riot client, a few hacks from us are just what it takes to put that issue behind you.
If you are all set, let’s get on with those hacks.
i. Restart your internet connection
The very first place to check before we proceed with the complicated aspect is your internet connection. You have to ensure that you have a stable internet connection as it can affect the download process.
We recommend that you restart your router or modem as it will reset the reconnection settings. This will also help boot off any unwanted device that could be hindering your download connection. Try downloading the riot client again and see if the issue is sorted.
If you are still having the same issues, there is nothing to worry about just yet. Just follow through.
ii. Reset network settings
Resetting your network setting could do a lot of magic with the download process. It can help resolve any conflict in the network and clear cache data that holds all the web routes that you visit daily. Sometimes, your network adapter could even get corrupted so resetting the network will help you reinstall them.
Resetting your network could also reset your IP address and help you initiate a new one for your router. To reset your network settings, simply follow the steps below.
- Access the settings section of your computer.
- Once you are in, locate the network and internet settings. Have you found it yet? Great.
- At the bottom of this section, you should see a network reset option. Click on it.
This will help reset all your network adapters and restart your computer. It should also fix whatever issue is wrong with the download process of the riot client. Once the process is complete, you can launch the riot client again and see if the problem persists.
If it persists, then, let’s continue with the other hacks.
iii. Use Google DNS
DNS servers usually have to do with a stable internet connection. However, sometimes, network issues can appear during the installation of a game or while surfing websites. There is a likelihood that if you switch to Google DNS, it could help solve the issue as it is highly recommended for riot clients.
To change the DNS server, just follow the few steps below:
- Access the network and internet settings of your computer via the control panel.
- On the right side, there is an option tagged ethernet, right? Click on it.
- A pop-up window should appear now. Locate the option tagged properties and click on it.
- Select the internet protocol version 6 on the next drop-down menu.
- Click on the option tagged properties in this menu.
- Insert the following DNS addresses in the box: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
- Click on OK to save the changes and see if the riot client download persists.
iv. Change riot client priority to high
Changing the riot client priority to high can help aid the download speed of the riot client. When you change the priority to high, it will help your Windows place more importance on the download process of the riot client.
v. Close any high bandwidth consuming apps
Many irrelevant applications run in your computer’s background and also use up your internet speed. If you use voice applications like discord, you must end those tasks with your task manager.
If you have any applications that run from the startup of Windows, you should also disable them. They can all hinder the download process of riot clients.
vi. Setting proxy to automatic
Your windows LAN proxy settings can also be responsible for why your riot client is not downloading. This means that you have to set your LAN proxy settings to automatic as it will help you detect everything and use the settings required by your router and modem.
- Again, access the network and internet section of your control panel settings.
- Once you are in, click on the option tagged internet options.
- Locate the connections tab from the top menu of your screen and click on it.
- Click on the LAN setting just at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You should see an option tagged automatically detect settings, right? Great. Check the box just next to it.
Once you have done that, you can check if the issue persists.
vii. Allow riot client access from your firewall
Your firewall can interfere with the download process of the riot client. It can block all the ports that have to be in connection with the server to retrieve data. This means that you have to allow riot client access via your firewall so all the restrictions will be off.
Riot clients not downloading can be down to different kinds of issues. It could be down to your internet connection, your network or DNS settings, an issue with your firewall, and so on.
We have established a couple of hacks that can help you solve these issues and help you get on with the download process. So, look through and follow the hacks.