While playing your valorant game, you might suddenly realize that the Discord app is slowing down or experiencing lags. You may be hearing others clearly but when you try scrolling through, the app runs too slow.
In this guide, therefore, we will show you how to stream valorant on discord without lagging as we highlight the fixes to the lag issues.
How To Stream Valorant on Discord Without Lagging
Different users have reported random FPS drops while streaming and playing the valorant game via Discord. Even high-end PC users have reported the same issue, so this may not be primarily because you are using a low-end computer.
If you have been streaming valorant on Discord and the app has been lagging, there are some things to put in place. You might not need to go through with everything we have listed. If you try one and see that Discord runs without lags, then you are good to go. Let’s consider what those things are.
1. End unnecessary programs
One of the reasons why you are streaming the valorant game on Discord and there is a lag is a software conflict. If you are running several programs simultaneously on your computer, there is every likelihood that the programs are conflicting with Discord and hence, the lag.
It is therefore essential that you close all the programs before you start discord. If you are using Windows 7, 7, you follow the steps below:
- Right-click your taskbar at the bottom of your screen, and select the task manager option from the drop-down menu.
- Try locating the processes tab in the task manager and select this option.
- Now, look closely at your CPU and memory usage and see which processes consume a lot of space.
- Right-click on those processes and select the option End process tree in the drop-down menu that appears.
- You can check if this has resolved the lag on Discord.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 10, let’s show you how to close the resource-consuming processes.
- Right-click on your taskbar, and select the task manager option in the menu that appears.
- In the Processes tab, look for the processes that consume much resources.
- Have you seen those processes yet? Great, go ahead and click on them and select the end task option.
Relaunch your Discord application to see if the issue has been resolved. If it has not been resolved, there are still some other things to try out.
2. Turn off/on the hardware acceleration
When you run an application, it uses the standard CPU path. If you however run a heavy task, like streaming the valorant game on Discord, then Discord will use other components of your computer to run efficiently.
If you have good hardware, enabling hardware acceleration will help your computer perform. If you have weak hardware, you will have to disable this option because it could cause problems for you.
To know if this option will help your computer perform with Discord, you will have to enable the option in the Discord application and see if it works well with Discord. If it does not, it means you have weak hardware.
- Run the discord application.
- Try locating the settings icon on the app and clicking on it.
- Select the advanced option in the menu that appears on the left portion of the screen.
- Turn on hardware acceleration.
- aria-level=”1″>Run the valorant game and see if the issue has been resolved.
3. Update your graphics driver
To get better performance when playing the valorant game on Discord, you should consider updating your graphics driver. This will ensure your graphics card runs smoothly with new applications and prevent lags with the Discord app.
You can update your graphics driver manually by visiting the manufacturer’s website and following the instructions laid out. You can also use a third-party platform to run the update.
4. Clear the cache files of Discord
Too many cache files stored on your computer can affect the performance of Discord. You can clear out the cache files of Discord and see if there are no lags again on the app. To clear the cache files, follow the simple steps below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R key simultaneously. This action automatically opens the run dialog.
- In the empty box beside the option tagged open, type in %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache, and then press Enter.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the cache files, and then select the del key to delete these files.
- Relaunch Discord and see if it works perfectly.
5. Change your power settings
To save more energy on your computer, the power setting is configured to the balanced mode by default. This means your computer will slow down to save energy. This could be the reason why you are experiencing lags with Discord.
If you want to remove this restriction on the power setting, do the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and type Control in the search bar.
- Click on the option tagged control panel.
- Look for the option tagged power options and select it.
- Select the high performance option in the list displayed on your screen.
You can start playing your valuable game on Discord and see if you still have the lag issues.
6. Reset the voice settings on Discord
When the voice settings on your Discord application are improper, it can cause lags when you stream the valorant game. So, try resetting its voice configurations to default. Follow the simple steps below to reset the voice configurations on the Discord app:
- Run the discord application.
- Try locating the settings icon on the app and click on it.
- Look towards the left side portion of your screen and select the voice and video option.
- Now look towards the right, and you will see the reset voice settings option. Click on it.
- Click on the okay tab that appears.
- You can try running the Discord application to see if this issue has been sorted.
7. Update the Discord application
Even though an outdated version of the app is unlikely to cause your app to be lagging, you should still not rule out the possibility. To update the application, you can follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows + R key together on your keyboard. This will enable you to open the Run dialog box.
- In the empty box beside the option tagged open, type in %localappdata% and select Ok.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click on the Discord folder.
- Another drop-down menu will appear now, click on the Update.exe option and wait for the update process to finish.
Once this is done, you can open the Discord application again and see if the valorant’s streaming works perfectly.
8. Use a VPN
Streaming can use a lot of bandwidth, and to prevent network congestion, your internet service provider will limit your connection speed to balance your connections. This is where a VPN comes into play, as it will help you bypass any network restrictions.
VPN is an application that encrypts your data, making sure your internet activity is hidden from your internet service provider. Using a VPN will allow you to bypass any network throttling or censorship. This means you can have better access to streaming services.
Issues like app freezing, slow loading, or buffering of videos will be a thing of the past with VPN. If you are not sure which VPN to go for, or you are just hearing about VPN for the first time, you can use NordVPN or Surfshark.
These two VPN applications are fast and cheap, and they will carry out the primary function of hiding your IP address efficiently.
Your Discord app lagging while streaming the valorant game is not an issue peculiar to you. Different players of the game have reported the same issue. It just means there are some settings you have to work around.
We have helped you by listing those settings. So, read through and get your Discord app running.