Because of its excellent screen recording capabilities, the Nintendo Switch is attracting a lot of attention these days. Some users aren’t sure how to screen records on the Nintendo Switch, for example.
This article will go through the Nintendo Switch in great depth, so you can decide whether or not it is worth your time to utilize it. Furthermore, we will introduce an alternative to Nintendo Switch as an option for you if you want to try fresh screen recording software instead of reinstalling your old one.
The built-in video recorder on both the original Switch and the Switch Lite operates in the same way. It lets you record 30 seconds of gameplay and is turned off while you aren’t playing.
You’ll need external video capture equipment to record lengthier recordings. Because the Switch Lite cannot output video through HDMI, this method is only applicable to the original Switch.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to screen record on Nintendo Switch
The most frequently requested question by folks who want to get started with this program is how to screen record on a Nintendo Switch. It’s fairly simple to record the screen on the Nintendo Switch. Let’s get this party started.
Step 1: Make sure the software on your console is up to date. Even when the console is automatically updated, you must confirm it. Select System, then System Update from your device’s settings menu.
Step 2: Another thing to keep in mind is that to record the video, you must be playing a suitable game. Select a game to play, ensuring sure it works with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (version 1.3.0 and later), Breath of the Wild (version 1.3.0 and later), Splatoon 2 (version 1.2.0 and later), and so on.
Step 3: Look for the capture button, which is a square with a circle indented in it. On different devices, this button is situated in different places. So, if you’re using the Nintendo Switch to record the screen, make sure you’re looking at it correctly.
Step 4: To record the video, hold down the capture button. The recording process is shown by a spinning icon on the screen. Furthermore, at the upper left corner of the screen, a saving notice will be displayed.
Step 5: When you’ve finished recording, you’ll get a notification saying that it’s been saved to your album area automatically. You can then edit it, post it on social media, or copy it to another device.
The best part is that you can screen record thousands of films if you have plenty of storage space. Isn’t it fantastic?
Pros and cons of using Nintendo Switch for screen recording
Using the Nintendo Switch has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a look at these advantages and disadvantages to evaluate if the Nintendo Switch is truly worth your time.
- You can easily transition from one gaming style to another with the Nintendo 3DS Screen Recorder. If you’ve already shot your video in one style and want to switch to another, you can do it after the fact. To accommodate the new style, you don’t need to shoot a new video.
- Using split-screen gaming features, you can enjoy a shared gaming session with your friends or family members.
- Parental controls are also available on the Nintendo Switch, allowing parents to monitor and limit their children’s gaming time. You don’t have to stay in shape with your youngster all of the time because everything may be done through the Nintendo settings.
- Multiple resolution sizes are not supported by the screen recording capability. As a result, each time you edit it, you must use the same resolution size.
- You’ll need to connect another storage device to expand the Nintendo Switch’s memory storage because it has a limited amount.
How to Screen Record and Take Longer Videos on a Switch
In the future, Nintendo may expand the maximum length of video recordings, but anything more than 30 seconds requires supplementary technology.
You’ll need a standalone video capture device or a capture card linked to a computer to screen record your Switch or make films longer than 30 seconds.
Only the original Nintendo Switch can be used using this method. Because the Switch Lite can’t output video in any way, it’s impossible to use an external video capture device with it.
- Here’s how to use a capture device to screen record your Switch:
- Connect your Switch to the Dock it came with.
- A Nintendo Switch is connected to the dock.
- If your dock doesn’t already have one, connect it via an HDMI cable.
- A Switch dock is connected to a TV through an HDMI connection.
- Plug the Dock’s output into your capture device’s HDMI input.
- An HDMI cable linked to a video capture device’s input.
- Connect your monitor or TV to an HDMI port.
- An HDMI cable is used to connect a display to a computer.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your capture device’s HDMI output port.
- A video capturing device’s HDMI out port.
- Connect the capture device to a computer or place your storage medium in the capture device.
- A USB flash drive is plugged into the capture device.
- Start the game you wish to record on the Nintendo Switch.
- With a controller, you can start a Switch game.
- Turn on your capture device’s recording function.
- Using a capture device’s recording function.
- The built-in recording feature on the home screen and menus is disabled, but you may use this way to record the home screen, menus, and some apps.
- Play your game like before.
- A Nintendo Switch is used to record gameplay.
- Your gadget will record or broadcast your gameplay, which will be collected or sent to your PC.
On the Nintendo Switch, we’ve gone over how to capture your screen in great detail. We’ve also gone over some of the wonderful things that Nintendo Switch has to offer in terms of optimizing your gaming experience.
Along with the benefits, there are several drawbacks to utilizing the Nintendo Switch.