We are sure that you must have heard that the Chromebook’s configurations are not optimized for gaming. However, for a game like Valorant, there is a way to work around it to play the game on your Chromebook without crossover.
In this guide, we will show you how to make your Chromebook accommodate light gaming activities like valorant.
How To Play Valorant on Chromebook Without Crossover
Before you decide not to try out playing valorant on Chromebook, you will have to read through the article, and we are sure that decision will change. Even though the Chromebook is not a gaming laptop, there are some remedies you can try to make the game playable on your device.
You can try installing Integrated Development Environments (IDE) to support your device for better gaming activities. Even though there are other gaming laptops that you can try, this IDE can optimize your Chromebook for gaming.
Chromebook devices officially launched in 2019 and became supportive of Linux later on, which can support different gaming distribution platforms. To play valorant on your Chromebook, you will need to install both WINE and Linux on your device. They will work hand-in-hand to optimize your device.
Wine is a compatibility layer that you can integrate into your laptop to support the running of Windows applications. So, the first thing to do will be to download and install both software applications on your device. Having done that, you can now follow the simple steps below:
- Visit the Riot Games official website via this link https://playvalorant.com/ and go to the downloads section. If you have an existing Riot account, you can try this link instead https://playvalorant.com/en-us/download/.
- Create a Riot account if you don’t have one. If you already have an account, you can log in straight away.
- Download the riot game file.
- Once the download is complete, move the game file to the Linux folder of your device.
- Access the terminal so you can enter the program commands to launch Valorant.
- Input the valorant game file on Wine.
- The installation process should start now. Wait until this process is complete.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your device, launch the valorant game, and start playing.
That’s about it, you can see that working around your Chromebook to play valorant is not a complicated process.
You know how we mentioned that you have to install Linux on your Chromebook to make it optimizable for playing the valorant game, right? Exactly, you might experience hitches with this sometimes. If your Chromebook device was issued to you by your school, there is a high tendency that Linux access has been disabled.
Educational facilities that offer you devices like Chromebooks usually disable, lock, or restrict the access of software that promotes gaming activities. Let’s see how you can detect that your school administration has restricted such access with the simple steps below:
- Launch the quick settings option on your Chromebook.
- You will notice a cogwheel icon. Did you see it? Great, click on it.
- Click the advanced settings option in the menu that appears.
- You will have to be observant here. Try to locate a developers option in this section. If you can’t find anything of such, it just means your device has restrictions with Linux access.
If you have left school and still have issues with this, you can try resetting the Chromebook. This action will remove all the software on the device, including any lock.
how you can reset your Chromebook’s factory settings.
Resetting your Chromebook is usually a straightforward process, except if you have issues with your Chrome OS or plan to switch the OS of your device. You must remember that a factory reset will clear all the user data and settings that you have on your device.
However, if you have some important files on your device, you can try backing it up and then syncing the user files before you go ahead with the factory reset option.
- To sync your user files to your Google account, you can follow the simple steps below:
- Go to the settings section of your device.
- Locate the accounts menu and select the sync and Google services option in this section.
- Select the manage what to sync option.
- In this tab, you can decide to fully sync your data or opt for a custom sync. If you want to sync all the data on your device, select the sync everything option.
Doing this automatically syncs all user preferences, bookmarks, passwords, payment information, and Wi-Fi networks to your Google account.
The next thing to do will be to back up all the data on your Google Drive.
- Open the files app on your device.
- Select the folder and the files you want to back up.
- Then, you can move them to my drive folder on your Google Drive.
You will have to do this individually for every folder you want to back up. Even though this might be a time-consuming process, it is worth it, as you will have all your files back once the factory reset process is completed.
You can also decide to use an alternate storage process instead of working with your Google drive. Whichever works for you should do the trick.
So, to eventually reset factory settings on your device, try out the fixes below:
- Sign out of your account on your Chromebook.
- Press the keys CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R on your keyboard.
- Choose the restart option, then select the powerwash option. Finally, click on the continue tab that appears.
The factory reset process should start immediately. Once it is completed, you will be signed out of your school’s domain, and any school accounts logged in would have been wiped off. You can then set up your device, download the Linux and Wine platforms, and get the Valorant game.
Playing the valorant game on your Chromebook is possible, even though the device is not optimizable for such gaming activities. Our guide will help you power through that.