Valorant Error Code 51 is an error that prevents players from connecting to games even after they find matches. In some cases, it could even lead to the ban of some players as the game might think that players intentionally left the game.
In this guide, therefore, we will be considering what caused this Valorant error code 51. We will also be considering how you can fix this error.
What Causes Valorant Error Code 51?
Valorant Error code 51 is a pesky error that does not allow players to enjoy the game. Even though with each new release, Riot Games seems to be looking for a way to perfect the gaming application, there are still some loopholes. Errors could happen when there is a massive surge of players in the game.
These errors usually happen when improvements have been made with the Valorant game. Even though not logging into a game can be frustrating, there is every chance that you are not alone in this. Most of these errors get resolved when the developers put out fixes. Although there are remedies for such errors, so you don’t have to wait that long.
When the Valorant error code 51 appears, it means that some of the in-game party systems might not be running as they ought. When this happens, players will have issues joining parties or even adding other friends to a party.
Even though some players might think of this error as a ban, it’s not one at all. The error prevents players from forming parties so sometimes players are forced to think that it might be that they have been suspended. It rather is just a flaw with the game.
The party modalities of the game can be down due to different reasons. Just as we said, when there is a massive surge of players in the game, it could affect the servers. This could, in turn, affect the party system of the Valorant game and the Valorant error code 51 displays.
This error can also be caused when you are having connectivity issues with your internet. If your internet is down, you might be having issues with the in-game party system. As a result, the error code 51 will appear. The party system could also crash when the Riot client runs into some problems of its own. This can cause the Valorant game to start acting up and then, you have the error code 51.
How Can I Fix The Valorant Error Code 51?
There are a couple of methods out there that you can use to fix this error code 51. We will therefore be guiding you through these solutions as we look to solve this problem.
Fix 1: Restart your computer
As basic as this sounds, restarting your computer can do a lot of magic when you are having issues with the Valorant error code 51. Let’s quickly run you through how you can do that.
- Hold down the alt and f4 keys together.
- A shutdown Windows interface should display on the screen with a drop-down menu now, right? Great. Select the option tagged restart.
- Click on OK in the next interface that appears.
- Your computer should be ready to restart now, so hold on while it does that.
Restarting your computer is a great hack that we have seen work with issues like this over the years. It should be your primary resort with an error involving games. Sometimes, it is just a trivial bug, and, in most cases, restarting your computer can get rid of the problem. You can check to see if this error code 51 has been fixed.
Fix 2: Ensure the servers are not down
Another very probable issue with the error code 51 is some imbalances in the server. You have to ascertain that the server is not what is causing the issue. You can quickly go through the Valorant website if there are any updates about the issue.
You can even check with your gaming buddies in communities like Reddit or Twitter to be certain that they are not also going through the same issues. If the issue is with the server, you can be sure that you are not the only one facing the problem. Someone else could have also spoken about it.
If the servers are in a good state, then, you can proceed to the next fix.
Fix 3: Update Valorant
If you are encountering the issue every time you log into the game, then, there is every chance that the current version of the game is responsible for this. In this case, you will have to update the game to the latest version. If that is not available yet, you’d have to wait.
Let’s quickly run you through how you can get this update done.
- Launch the search menu of your computer. You can simply hold down the Windows logo key and the S key.
- Enter in Riot client in the search bar that appears and click on the search icon. Select the relevant search result that displays. If you have created a desktop shortcut for your riot client, you can launch it from there.
- If there is an update option under the Valorant game, then, you can click on it.
- You should also see an update button at the bottom of the screen, right? Exactly, you can click on it.
Once this is done, your Valorant game should update and this should sort out whatever the issue is.
Fix 4: Restart the VGC service
- Remember how we launched the search menu in the last fix, right? Exactly. Launch this menu again.
- This time, enter in the text Services and click on whatever appears.
- Once you click on the Services feature, a drop-down menu should display a list of different services. Locate the VGC service in this menu. The services are usually listed in alphabetical order, this can be in an ascending or descending mode. So, the VGC service should not be difficult to access.
- Look towards the right of the VGC service. If you notice a running option in the status of the service, then you have to stop it. Double-click on the VGC service and select the properties option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- In this section, click on the option tagged stop and then, the OK option to save the changes you have made.
We have been able to put a stop to the VGC service. Next, we have to get it running again to put a stop to the valorant error code 51.
- Again, double-click on the VGC service.
- The same drop-down menu should appear. Just as before, click on the option tagged properties.
- In this properties section, try locating the option tagged startup type. Have you found it yet? Great, click on it.
- The startup type should present you with a list of options. Look for the option denoted as automatic and select it.
- Select the option tagged start just below the startup type.
- Then, click on the option tagged OK. This will help save the changes you have made.
The Valorant error code 51 is not a ban as most players have deemed it to be. It is just a bug that prevents you from forming a party in the game or inviting friends to join one. It could be caused by the Riot servers, your internet connection, or even the Riot client.
Luckily, we have previewed some fixes that can help you solve these problems without issues. Go through them and go get your game running again.