The League of Legends is a fun online game to play with friends. You can either choose to play a ranked match or just a regular one. What makes the experience fun is the fact that you can make new friends and make meaningful connections.
Sometimes, however, things can go from a joyful experience to a sour one, especially in the face of defeats. This could lead to insults and disparity between teammates. So, even though you can interact in the game, sometimes, you just want to go solo, play alone and appear in offline mode.
Guide on How To Appear Offline In The League of Legends
The best way for you to stay away from the awkward state of having to tell your teammates that you want to go solo is by appearing offline. There is no official way of doing this in the league of legends. However, there are ways to work around this and this is what we will be showing you.
The offline mode disables the relationship between the Riot servers and signs from your IP address. Your chat will be disconnected as a result. This means that your friends will see you as invisible in their listings. You might not also be able to see their listings either.
Let’s quickly run you through how you can appear offline. There are two basic ways we will be showing you to get to appear in offline mode. So, let’s dive in.
– Method 1: Using Command Prompt to Appear Offline
One major way to appear offline is by disabling the connection between the servers of the league of legends and the IP address of your computer. Just as we have said, the chat will equally be disconnected. So, your friends won’t be able to see your online status.
Let’s run you through the steps.
- First off, you have to ensure that your Windows Firewall is activated on your computer. Go to your computer settings and locate the control panel. Search for the windows firewall option and click on it to see the status.
- You will have to open the command prompt and run it in admin mode. You can locate it through the search bar of your computer. Just type cmd in the search bar and the command prompt will come up.
- You must however know the version of the client that you have. It can either be the North American client or European. You will have to copy and paste the one you have in the command prompt.
- For the North American client, you will copy: netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”lolchat” dir=out remoteip=126.96.36.199 protocol=TCP action=block
- For the European Client, you will have to copy: netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”lolchat” dir=out remoteip=188.8.131.52 protocol=TCP action=block
- Once you have done this, all you have to do is to press enter and you will appear in offline mode in the game.
You can also use the command prompt to appear online once again. So, let’s say you want to resume interacting with friends in the league of legends, there are simple instructions for you to follow to appear online again. So, let’s run you through what to do.
- You will have to run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Then, you can copy and paste the following text into it: netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=“lolchat”
- Once you press the enter key, the connection between the riot servers and your IP address will be established again. Then, you will appear online and you can start chatting with friends in the game.
Using the command prompt to appear online or offline is not difficult at all. If you follow through with our instructions, there should be no issue whatsoever. If you are not comfortable with this method, there is another way you can work around it. You will have to make use of third-party software though.
So, let us consider that method.
– Method 2: Appearing Offline Using a Third-Party Program
There is a third-party platform that can do all of the work for you with just the easy click of buttons. This platform is called Device. This platform is quite safe and you will not get banned if you use it to restrict the connection between your IP address.
To use this platform, follow the simple steps below:
- Download the software from the official website using this link: https://github.com/molenzwiebel/Deceive/releases
- The guidelines on how to use the software will be on the website. It is not complicated at all as it has easy-to-follow guidelines.
- After downloading and installing deceive, you will have to run the program as an administrator.
You might sometimes encounter issues with the use of this software. So, we typically recommend the primary technique of using the command prompt. However, you are not breaking any rules by using Deceive, it is safe and has no criminal bearing whatsoever.
- Tips on How To Find Lost Nintendo Switch
- Guide on How to Connect Nintendo Switch to Laptop with HDMI
- Tips on How to Clean Nintendo Switch Screen and Maintain
What Are The Reasons To Appear Offline while Playing League of Legends?
There are different motives why you might want to appear offline in the league of legends. You might just not be in the mood to play with other people. You could decide to just want to stay solo. So, let’s see a couple of other reasons why you want to appear offline.
There could be times when you just want to take a break from friends. You could just want to enjoy the alone time. You might just not want anyone to contact you for a while. So, you might just want to appear offline even while still logged on to the game.
– Avoiding Someone
Friends sometimes want to keep away from each other without having any issues whatsoever. There are times when in the course of collective activity, the major tasks are heaped on one person. So, there might be a lot of expectations on the person to deliver.
The same can go for the league of legends. There could be a lot of expectations from teammates especially when you are seen as a prolific teammate. Appearing offline can help you cast off the strain of expectations from different players and friends too.
Having a boosted account can make you appear as an outstanding player. However, since it is a boosted account, it might not be so outstanding to different players, especially if they are your friends.
Some players might even see you as dishonest and report you to the developers. Appearing offline might help you cowl up to the reality of being boosted. It helps you hide from the prying eyes of different players.
- Guide on How To Lower Pings in LOL(League of Legends)
- 3 Methods on How To Log Out of League of Legends 2022
- How To Achieve Level 7 Mastery In The League Of Legends
Appearing offline in the league of legends can be useful for different reasons as we have seen. You might want to stay solo, hide from prying eyes, or just avoid unnecessary expectations. The Riot games do not have an official way of doing this.
We have however been able to show you two methods to appear offline. So, just follow through with our steps and you will surely appear offline.