Riot clients not opening valorant can be one of the most frustrating experiences ever. This can even feel very worse when you are trying to hop on a game and you can’t even access the main menu to start looking for the match.
In this article, therefore, we will be putting you through how to fix riot client not opening valorant. So, if you have been experiencing this issue, you’ve hit the right stop.
Let’s get started.
Why Is The Riot Client Not Opening Valorant?
Launching valorant usually does not take up so much time, within a click or two, you should be in. The number of clicks can increase if valorant has issues opening. Riot clients will not launch valorant because of a couple of reasons which include crashes, bugs, or black screens. This will make players return to the home screen instead of the game menu.
Even with the bugs, black screens, and crashes, there is no need to panic just yet. We will be guiding you through some troubleshooting methods that will help you get your Valorant game up and running in no time.
How To Fix Riot Client Not Opening Valorant?
If your riot client is not opening valorant, you can try out any of the fixes that we will be highlighting below.
You might not have to try them all once you stumble on what the solution is. Let’s quickly run you through these fixes.
i. Change your PC’s resolution
Manufacturers usually stop releasing updates for graphics cards after a while. This way, they can do away with outdated graphic cards. This means that some graphics cards might not be able to support the high-resolution gaming that valorant requires.
So, if you notice that your graphics card is old, it will be best for you to lower your computer’s resolution.
- Reducing the resolution of your PC is something you can do in a few minutes. Just follow the steps below:
- Right-click on any empty area of your desktop.
- You should notice a drop-down menu after doing that, right? Great. At the bottom of the menu, there is an option tagged display settings. Click on it.
- Once you are in, you will be able to see the resolution that your PC is running with. You can reduce it and check which one aids riot client running Valorant. This should help solve the problem. If this did not do the trick, there is no need to worry. Just move on to the next.
ii. Update your graphics driver
Outdated graphic drivers can cause bugs that will hinder riot clients from opening valorant. This means that before you think it is an outrageous issue, you have to ensure that your drivers are up to date. If it is not up to date, you will have to update your drivers.
You could decide to update your drivers manually. Simply visit the manufacturers’ website, and download and install the driver from there. There will be instructions on the website to guide you through. You could also work with third-party software to help you through.
If this didn’t do the trick, don’t worry. We still have a few fixes you can try out.
iii. Open valorant in compatible mode
Sometimes, Windows updates may impede riot clients from launching valorant. If this is the case, you can try launching the game in compatible mode. Let’s quickly run you through how to do that.
- Right-click on the Valorant icon on your desktop.
- A drop-down menu should appear now, right? Exactly. Locate the option tagged properties. It is usually the last option.
- Once you are in, click on the compatibility section.
- Then, locate the option tagged run this program in compatibility mode. You’ve found it, right? Great. Did you notice a box just before this option? Yes, go ahead and check it.
- If you are using Windows 10, choose Windows 8, and if you’re using Windows 8, select Windows 7. Once you’ve done this, click on OK to finish this setup.
- You can go ahead and restart your computer. This should solve the bug with the riot client not launching valorant.
iv. Launch valorant as an administrator
Windows executes most programs as a regular user. This however has some limitations as access to some directories could be restricted. When you run valorant as an administrator, these restrictions will no longer hold and the bug could be fixed. To run it as an administrator, use the following steps:
- Right-click on the valorant icon on your desktop just as before.
- Locate the run as administrator option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- This should all but do the trick. You will just need to set Valorant to always run in administrator mode. Remember how we right-clicked on the valorant icon before, right? Exactly, do the same thing again. This time, however, go to the properties section.
- Are you in? Great. Access the compatibility section and head to the settings section there.
- You’ve located it right? Good. Click on the box before the run as administrator option here. Then, select OK to save the settings.
- You can try launching your valorant game and see if it works now.
If it still does not work out, follow through.
v. Close all riot-related programs
Sometimes riot clients might not be able to launch valorant when a process is not working properly. What this means is that you will have to close all riot-related programs before valorant can run smoothly. To close these programs, you have to do the following:
- Access your task manager from your taskbar.
- Look through all the programs and notice anyone with a riot client or valorant’s icon.
- Did you find any program like that? Good. Click on the end task to close them.
- When you have closed all the programs, try launching your valorant game and see if it runs smoothly.
When you are closing these programs, you must ensure you do not close the Vanguard program. If you do, you will have to restart your computer before you can open valorant again.
vi. Release standby memory
One major reason why your riot client will not launch valorant might be due to insufficient RAM. Windows make use of some part of your RAM for what is called cache or standby memory.
When the standby memory is not released on time, it could cause your system to encounter some issues. This will ultimately prevent riot clients from opening valorant.
You will therefore have to clear the standby memory. You can do this manually from your task manager or task scheduler.
- Another final hack you can try out if all of the other fixes did not work out is to reinstall valorant. This is usually recommended when your game files are not in sync. This happens when you download the game files with an unstable internet connection.
- To uninstall valorant from your computer, try to locate your PC’s control panel. Once you are in, access the programs section. Locate the valorant and riot vanguard programs. Have you found them? Great. Uninstall them. Then, you can download the fresh game files from the client’s website.
You could sometimes run into issues with riot client opening valorant, although it is no cause for alarm.
Bugs or crashes are most likely responsible for such unpleasant situations. With the hacks we have shown you, those issues should be far behind you now.