Deleting the league of legends can sometimes pose a problem as you can experience difficulties with it. Your league of legends might not be deleting due to different problems. If you have been having these issues, you’ve hit the right spot.
In this article, we will be reviewing why you might be having issues with deleting league of legends. We will also be sharing with you how you can troubleshoot these problems.
Let’s get right into it.
Why Can’t I Delete League Of Legends?
You might have difficulty with deleting the league of legends due to several reasons. An incomplete installation can also lead to these issues. It is therefore necessary that you find a way to clear out all the files to prevent future issues.
Some of the reasons why you might be having issues with deleting the league of legends includes:
- You don’t have full access to delete the league of legends.
- You don’t have a league of legends listed in programs and features.
- Some of the files you need to completely uninstall the game are unavailable.
- Another process that is using the file might be restricting you from deleting the game.
- You can still find files and folders after deleting the application.
One or more of these issues could be the reason why you are experiencing difficulties with deleting this application. So, let’s explore some possible solutions to get these issues sorted.
Troubleshooting Issues With Deleting The League Of Legends
There are many methods you can use to sort out the league of legends not delete the issue. So, stick around as we go about exploring those methods.
Method 1: Delete League of Legends via programs and features
When you install a new program on your computer, the program is automatically added to the list in the Programs & features section. This means that you can uninstall the program via this section. In the same vein, this could also be a good place to delete your league of legends app.
Let’s run you through how you can get this done.
- Hold the Windows key and key X together on your computer.
- This should take you to a drop-down menu, right? Exactly. Click on the first option tagged programs and features.
- This should take you to the list of applications that you have on your computer. Look for the league of legends on this list.
- Have you found it yet? Great. Click on it and select the Uninstall option at the top of the list.
This should help delete the application. If it however does not work out, there are still other methods that you can try out. So, stay with us.
Method 2: Delete it through its uninstaller.exe
Most of the applications you have running on your computer usually come with a file named uninstaller.exe or uninst000.exe or something within that range. If you can locate this file, you can use it to delete the league of legends application.
Let’s show you how you can work around that.
- Locate the installation folder of your league of legends application.
- Once you find it, look for the file tagged uninstaller.exe. You’ve seen it, right? Great.
- Double click on this file. Then, you can follow the wizard to delete the league of legends application.
Method 3: Delete League of Legends through system restore
Every Windows OS comes with a utility feature called system restore. This utility feature helps to restore the computer to its former state and as a result, it will nullify programs that are interfering with the computer’s operations.
If you have a system restore point before you installed the league of legends, system restore can help you remove every league of legends file on your computer. You however have to ensure that you back up the other files and programs on your computer.
To activate system restore, follow all the steps below:
- Ensure you close all the applications and files that you have opened.
- On your desktop, right-click on the option tagged computer.
- Then select the option tagged Properties. The system windows should appear now, right? Great.
- Look towards the left side of the display, you should see an option tagged system protection, click on it.
- Then, go ahead and select system restore. The system restore interface will appear now.
- In this interface, check the box that is tagged choose a different restore point, and then, click next.
- A drop-down list will appear where you will be required the date and time you want to restore your system. You must bear in mind that whatever program you installed after the said that will not run properly again. This is why a backup is advised.
- Click on Finish on the next interface that appears. Then, select Yes to confirm the entire process. The system restore process will begin and restore your system to the date you have selected. This should help delete the league of legends.
Method 4: Uninstall with your antivirus
Computer malware today could pose like applications on your computer which makes them quite difficult to remove. Trojan and spyware are some of the ways through which this malware could get access to one’s computer. Majorly, this malware can be very difficult to remove.
When you dabble with free software like video editors, PDF converters, or even gaming applications, this malware can easily get into your computer. They can even be smart enough to evade the detection of the antivirus software that you have installed.
So, if you are having difficulties with uninstalling your league of legends, you should run a malware scan. It can be the reason why you are having issues with deleting this gaming application.
Method 5: With the use of the installer
When the file that is needed to uninstall the league of legends is missing or has become corrupted, then you will have issues with deleting this program. Your installer can come to the rescue here. What you will do is try reinstalling the league of legends.
So, try running the installer through the original disk or the downloaded file depending on the path you used before. Since there is a corrupted file, the installer will ask you to either repair or uninstall the program. With this, you can readily delete the application.
Method 6: With the aid of a third-party installer
Manually deleting the league of legends could require some computer knowledge and a lot of patience. Even with this, there is still no assurance that this manual process will eliminate the files and delete this gaming application.
The other issue will be that if you cannot successfully install it manually, it could leave your computer in a bad state. The uninstallation process could leave too many files in the registry that will hinder the processes in your computer. These files could also occupy your hard disk and reduce the speed of your computer.
Your best bet will be to use a third-party uninstaller. This software will help to scan your computer, access all the league of legends files, and delete them completely. This seems like the surest process.
Your league of legends application not deleting can be down to malware, a corrupted or missing file, or worse still hindrances from another program.
Whatever the case though, there is a way around it. You can look through our hacks, they will certainly help you through.